Monday, January 26, 2015

My Christian Can Beat Up Your Christian! - Part 1



It is almost humorous to be writing about this topic, because when a person sits down to pen an article or blog or book, it infers that person is an expert on the topic being discussed. And since the topic of this 7-part series is "Christian Arrogance," it feels somewhat ironic to me.

The truth is, I am not an expert on this topic. Merely an observer.

I have been a Christian for over 45 years and, in that time, I have seen the good, the bad, and, unfortunately, the ugly. The past several decades have been some of the most spirit-filled and exciting we have known as Christians. There has also been a growing seed of arrogance that has permeated many areas of our faith.

This series of blog posts, then, should be viewed as a type of "call to action" or "warning." I won't go so far as to say they are prophetic because when a person talks like that, the rest of the Christian community gets nervous. Some even paint signs and host rallies.

We will just agree that I have observed this Christian Arrogance in many ways and forms - even in my own life - and, therefore, feel the urgency to speak on it so that we who call ourselves believers can help those around us find the simplicity of Jesus in the chaos of religion.

The series is built on an acrostic on the word, "PRIDE."  The next article (Part 2) will speak on the "P" in that acrostic: POSITION - how we are prideful because of how we position ourselves in the Kingdom.

No comments: